What is the weather like for holidays in Magnesia? When is the best time to visit this area of mainland Greece?
- Visit Amaliapolis in Spring and see the hillsides covered in beautiful wildflowers. March daytime temperatures average around 16C, rising to 20C in April.
- Take advantage of the lower temperatures in May of around 24C, or June, around 28C, if you want to sight-see as well as swim.
- July and August are of course the hottest months in Thessaly for holidays with average temperatures around 31C.
- The sea is still wonderfully warm in September and October and the average day time temperatures of around 27C and 23C respectively make exploring much more pleasant. Go inland and see the vast cotton fields of the Thessaly plain.
- November is when the olive harvest begins and temperatures still average around 17C. Offers of help would no doubt be gratefully received and if you ask you may even get a tour of the village olive oil press!
- Even in the winter months it is worth considering a holiday on the Greek mainland as the weather is often bright and sunny with temperatures around 13C on average, although they can drop much lower with snow in the mountains and occasionally on the coastal plain. Hence the ski-resort on nearby mount Pelion!